Achieve younger, healthier, hair that will shine with these color tips!
- Let your haircolor reflect your personality. You choose your clothes to match your personality, so why not do the same with your hair? Let the color & style you choose talk about you – without having to say a word.
- Choose a color that enhances your haircut. Maureen can help you get the best total look.
- Pick a color that best compliments your skin tone to help you look and feel healthier and happier. Maureen can help you with this too!
- Create texture with the right haircolor. Smart color placement can help hair look thicker & more voluminous – ideal for fine hair.
- Follow seasonal hair color trends to look trendy and fashionable. Maureen can offer you the latest color combinations.
- Use haircolor to look younger – not only by covering grey, but also through modern techniques that Maureen offers.
- For a subtle change, try our glaze for incredibly shiny hair. It allows you to keep your color yet get more shine and excellent conditioning.
- Make sure you get a hair color regimen that is convenient for you. Maureen is happy to talk with you about how often you are comfortable with coming back to the salon, then together we can choose the best options for your needs.
- Haircolor can bring on a big or small change, so choose the option that is right for you.
- Pick the right brush for blow-drying. Choose a large round brush to straighten long, coarse, or curly hair. A medium size one to add body and smoothness to medium-to-long hair; or small one to give short hair volume boost.
- Section the hair before your style.
- Make sure hair is 100% dry. Before you use a flat-iron, curling iron or any other hot tool, make sure hair is thoroughly dried – otherwise, the heat can cause damage.
- Keep your flat-iron moving. Move your flat iron down each section to smooth with medium pressure. Starting and stopping, as well as pressing too hard, can leave “dents” in your hair.
Maintain Your Look
- When hair is healthy, it has a natural shine. Get yours in shape by doing a weekly deep conditioning treatment.
- Apply a small amount of any texture product to damp or dry hair.
- Always warm up waxes and pomades in your hands first. It makes it easier to work through the hair.
- Make sure you don’t apply too much wax or pomade by lightly smoothing it over your top layers only, then working it through the rest of the hair.
- Always towel blot your hair gently. Never rub it back & forth with a towel, that roughs up the cuticle and cause frizz. Soak up excess water in your hair with paper towels.
- For an easy way to give curls natural definition, take random sections of hair, twist around your finger and air-dry.
- To de-frizz and add body to curls or waves blend a curl activator and a smoothing gloss in your palms, apply to damp hair and diffuse dry.
- Apply straight products to damp hair and blow-dry. Flat-iron for extra-straight results.
- Flat-iron small, thin sections of hair-not big chunks. That way, heat will be distributed evenly and results will be smoother.
- When blow-drying, always point the nozzle downward. It helps smooth the cuticle (the outer layer of the hair shaft), so hair looks sleek and shiny.
- Apply volume products to damp hair & blow-dry for maximum body.
- When blow-drying, use a large round brush to direct hair upward-directing hair away from the root creates extra volume and lift.
- For bouncy curls set dry hair on large Velcro rollers and blow-dry with a diffuser for five minutes. Let cool, unroll and gently finger comb.